Moses is a Partner at the Firm and Co-head of the firm’s litigation team.
His practice focuses mainly on Corporate and Commercial Law, Civil Litigation, Intellectual Property and International Criminal Law.
He is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. He holds a LLB (Hons) degree from the University of East Angalia. He also has a Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
Moses is a past president of the Uganda Law Society and chaired the African Forum of the International Bar Association (IBA). Moses has served on the on the IBA Human Rights Institute as a Council Member.
Moses is a certified adjudicator accredited by the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration.
Moses is a member of the Public Appeals and Procurement Authority Tribunal (PPDA Tribunal) and has served as a member of the Transitional Justice Issues Committee of the Government of Uganda.
Moses serves as a Non-Executive Director of Standard Chartered Bank (U) Limited.
MEMBERSHIPS in proffesional societies
- Senior Counsel, Uganda
- Certified Adjudicator, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIARB)
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre, Uganda
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Guildford, Surrey, England
- LL.B, University of East Angalia, England
- 2005 - date Partner, MMAKS Advocates
- 2001 - 2005 Partner, Adriko & Karugaba Advocates
- Associate, Katera & Kagumire Advocates, Uganda
- Trainee Solicitor, Luper Partnership, Camden, England
areas of expertise
- Criminal and Civil litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Construction Adjudication
AWARDS and accolades
- Moses has been appointed a member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- Moses has been appointed to the List of Counsel of the International Criminal Court at The Hague.
- Moses has been recognized by The Global Leading Lawyers directory as one of the top ranked dispute resolution specialists in Uganda.
- Acting for Uganda Breweries in a complex tax dispute with Uganda Revenue Authority involving the application of the East African Custom Management Act.
- Acting for Diageo in a suit obtaining order against infringement of the John Walker Black Label brand.
- Acting for Coex Coffee International successfully to resist attachment of Coffee stocks worth $750,000.
- Acting against the Attorney General of Uganda to successfully recover compensation in the sum of USD $2,000,000 on behalf of a client whose property was expropriated.
- Acted as Arbitrator in General Adhoc United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) tribunals on various commercial disputes.
- Acted as Panel Member of the Public Procurement Disposal Assets Appeals Tribunal (PPDAAT) on various complex multi-million dollar disputes involving Public Procurement disputes and appeals from the Procurement Authority.