David joined MMAKS in April 2009. He holds an LL.B (Hons) degree from Makerere University in Uganda. He is a Senior Associate with the Litigation Team. He is involved in legal research and preparation of legal briefs. He is interested in the fields of Commercial Law and Litigation.
Before joining MMAKS, David worked with Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited, where he was a member of the Credit-Legal Team, advising the Credit Department on securities matters.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Member, East African Law Society
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre, Uganda
- LL.B (Hons.), Makerere University, Uganda
- 2008 – DATE Associate, MMAKS Advocates
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Real Estate, Property and Construction
- Employment Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution including Mediation and Arbitration
- Frauds and Investigative Litigation
- Acting for Brit Syndicates - 2987 (Lloyd's Underwriters) in a suit by Maisha Creative Agencies seeking to recover USD 500,000. Being an alleged insurance cover.
- Acting for Stanbic Bank in a suit by Henry Tumukunde seeking to challenge a Mortgage of USD 100,000.
- Acting for GoldStar Insurance Company against Spencon in a debt collection suit for USD 50,000.
- Acting for Stanbic Bank in a suit by Kesacon Services Ltd, challenging a Loan Agreement in the excess of Ug. Shs. 300,000,000/=.
- Acting for Stanbic Bank in a suit by Busia Produce and Dealers Association, challenging a Loan Agreement in the excess of Ug. Shs. 1,000,000,000/=.