MMAKS’ approach to social corporate responsibility is one of unwavering commitment. We support positive change in our environment and society at large, and have over the years strived to partner with organizations whose initiatives resonate with values of integrity, equality and human dignity and respect.
In this regard, we are invariably dedicated to:
- assisting in setting up and/or restructuring the organizations;
- providing strategic legal advice on the organizations’ day to day operations;
- advising on compliance with any applicable and ongoing obligations under the Ugandan regulatory environment; and
- providing timely responses to legal and business queries as and when they arise.
Committing our time:
- to attend and participate in health initiatives e.g the financing and collection of oxygen gas to supplement the shortage in Mulago Hospital in 2012, and attending seminars hosted by the Nodding Disease Appeal and providing financial contributions in support of the Appeal;
- to visit, understand and actively engage in the activities of the organizations e.g collection of various human necessities, feeding and play visits to children at Sanyu Babies Home Orphanage;
- to actively participate, as a firm, at the annual pro bono day.
Providing moral support and financial assistance for environment.
- donations to Butakibo under a project initiated by the Nnabagereka (Queen of Buganda);
- donations to Kids for Africa;
- donations to Sanyu Babies Home; and
- contributions to the Nodding Disease Appeal.