Kasim holds an LL.B (Hons.) degree from Makerere University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Law Development Centre. He is a legal assistant with the firm and works with the Property, Banking and Finance Team. He focuses on Property, Banking and Finance, Employment, Real Estate and general commercial matters.
Membership In Professional Societies
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Member of the Uganda Law Society
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- B (Hons.), Makerere University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- 2016: Advocate of the High Court of Uganda
- 2015: Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre
- 2015: LL.B (Hons.), Makerere University
- 2015 to DATE: Legal Assistant, MMAKS Advocates
- April 2015 to July 2015: Clerkship Student, MMAKS Advocates
- 2014 to 2015: Legal Trainee, Alaka & Company Advocates
Areas of Expertise
- Property and Real Estate
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Immigration law
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Arbitration
- Acting for the an international foundation in a matter involving acquisition of prime land from the Government of Uganda for setting up a state of art teaching hospital at an estimated cost of USD 100 Million.
- Acting for a Ugandan real estate developer in a matter involving setting up condominium apartments at Kololo valued at USD 12 Million.
- Acting for an International School in Kampala in a matter involving reviewing a Development and Lease Agreement with international developers for the construction of a new boarding facility valued at USD 4 Million.
- Handling the conveyancing of condominiums for a Ugandan real estate developer on an exclusive basis including preparation of lease agreements and sale agreements and effecting property transfers.
- Acting for various commercial banks in the day to day preparation and perfection of securities.
- Advising several corporate entities, including banks, NGOs, multinational companies and international entities on employment matters on an ongoing basis.
- Representing several individual clients and corporate entities, including banks, NGOs, multinational companies and international entities in the High Court of Uganda and subordinate courts thereto on an ongoing basis.