Alex holds an LL.B (Hons.) degree from Makerere University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
He is a Legal Assistant with the Firm and works with the Litigation Team.
Alex is involved in legal research, drafting court documents and the preparation of legal briefs. He is interested in the fields of Commercial Law, Criminal Law and Litigation.
- Law Society of Uganda.
- Law Society of East Africa.
- Admitted to the Ugandan Bar (2017)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre, Uganda (2016)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.), Makerere University (2105)
- 2015 to date Legal Assistant: MMAKS Advocates
- April - July 2015 Clerkship Student: MMAKS Advocates
- July - August 2013 Internship Student: Bank of Uganda
Areas of Expertise
- Criminal & Civil litigation.
- Dispute Resolution.
- Employment law.
- Intellectual Property.
- Assisting in actions by the Bank of Uganda to successfully defend several suits involving the termination of employees who sought terminal benefits and compensation for unlawful termination and early or forced retirement.
- Assisting in an action by Uganda Breweries Limited concerning a complex tax dispute with Uganda Revenue Authority involving the application of the East African Custom Management Act 2004.
- Assisting in an action against a subsidiary of Addax and Oryx Group Limited to defend an employment claim seeking compensation in a sum of Ug. Shs. 18,588,145,180/= for alleged unlawful termination of employees.
- Assisting in various suits by commercial banks in the recovery of both secured and unsecured debts.
- Assisting in an action of trademark infringement and passing off on behalf of SCD Uganda Limited; obtaining an order against infringement of the “KINKY” brand.